2018 NPC Gopher State Classic
April 7, Minneapolis Convention Center, MN.
Men’s Bodybuilding, Men, Women’s & Classic Physique, Figure & Bikini
National Qualifier & Novice Divisions
Finals: Doors @ 5 p.m., Show @6 p.m.
2017 Event Photos
Don’t miss out on Minnesota’s NPC physique opener! At the 2018 NPC Gopher State Classic, local amateur athletes will compete for the overall titles within their divisions. During the morning pre-judging show, athletes will be compared and judged within their classes. During the evening finals show, athletes will be awarded within their classes and class winners will compete for the overall title. Finals will also feature a guest posing performance from an IFBB Pro.
Separate tickets for prejuding and finals are required if you wish to attend both events. Prejudging seating is GA, finals seating is assigned when you purchase your ticket.
Entry forms may be filled out, paid for and submitted by clicking the link below. If you prefer, you may also use the link below to open, print and mail your entry form and payment to us. If you have any questions about filling our your entry form, please read this blog post. You may pay for your entry by check, money order or credit card prior to the entry deadline; after the entry deadline, no personal checks will be accepted. If you choose to mail your payment, your entry will not be complete until payment is received.
4/4: Second entry deadline. On this date, the entry fee increases to $150/class and entry forms will no longer be accepted via snail mail, entries and payment must be submitted online at this point.
Athlete Check-In Information
Athlete check-ins will be Friday 4/6, 6-7:30 pm at the Hilton Garden Inn, Lake Harriet room. We will be doing a “rolling” check-in, meaning that all divisions can check in at anytime between 6 and 7:30 pm. All competitors must check in to be heighted or weighed on Friday night, anyone who has missed check-ins will not be allowed to compete. The below list has general info for check-ins, please see your athlete info packet (sent out via email, link to download again is below) for all information.
- If you have a valid district or national NPC height card, you should bring it with you to avoid having to be re-heighted. A photo of your height card will suffice as well.
- If you have your current NPC card, you must bring it with you. If you do not have your NPC card or a valid receipt from your recent purchase of an NPC card, you will need to pay at registration. You can also purchase your NPC card in advance online – this will save you time at registration on Friday!!
- Classic Physique and Bodybuilding athletes MUST weigh in wearing their posing suits. No exceptions.
- Bikini athletes must wear their suits bottoms, they will be checked during check-ins to confirm that they are stage appropriate. No exceptions.
All athletes in the auditorium at 8:20 am.
All athletes in the pump room (backstage) at 5:30 pm.
Open Overall Prize
All Open Overall Champions will receive a full zip soft shell jacket embroidered with their name, division and year of competition along with the show name, NPC and On Track Training logos.
Hilton Garden Inn
1101 S 4th Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55404
Our host hotel for the 2018 NPC Gopher State Classic will be the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Minneapolis! The hotel is just a short walk away from the Minneapolis Convention Center, has a microwave and refrigerator in every room and will be the site of both tanning and athlete check ins. They’re offering a group rate of $119/night for single and double occupancy through March 7th so make sure you book early! Book online via our group booking portal or call (612) 339-6633 and ask for the Gopher State Classic group.
- Refrigerators in every room
- Microwaves in every room
- Spray Tanning, Hair & Make-Up from exclusive sponsor Hard Body Bronze done on site
- Athlete Check-Ins on 4/6 will be on site in the Lake Harriet room
- Within easy walking distance of MCC